Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Poppyseed Chicken and Putt-putt

Well hello world. This is my (CaryAnne's) first time updating the blog, so we shall see how this goes.

We started off this morning with our coffee and some reading, and then got all cleaned up and hit the town. Between the three Brookhaven/Hattiesburg families up here, we have been taking turns cooking supper pretty much every night. Let me just say it's been yummy! And super nice to not have to worry about what to cook every night. Last night Michael and Donnie made fried catfish and hushpuppies. Brett and I brought some warm brownies with vanilla ice cream with that magic shell chocolate that hardens when you put it on. Tonight, I made some super easy poppyseed chicken with hot pineapple casserole and some green beans and honey-butter biscuits. Oh yeah, we are eating good. I would say you may see us gaining a little weight, but I am proud to say Brett and I have been in the fitness center here at our apartment complex the last two nights! Go us...

Let's pause and rewind a little. Brett and Izzy were a little sleepy after we got back from shopping for tonight's food at not one grocery store, but two. As you may have seen on my Twitter/Facebook earlier, so far I'm not a Super Target girl and will never be a Food Lion girl. After today I think we are gonna mainly stick with WalMart.


Adorable, I know. We have rearranged our furniture some in the living room and it feels a lot more comfy. We also have all of our clothes finally hanging and in drawers and MOST of the boxes emptied. There are still some boxes that were labeled "JUNK" in the beginning so yeah. They may stay packed up for a little while. The only thing we are really waiting for now is the maintenance people to come put pantry shelves in. Right now most of our pantry food is on our kitchen table. Which is fine for now, but soon we shall start our Domino nights! --- (Shout out to the Bradys!!)

And here are the boys playing on our "putting green" after supper. Yeah, they played a full nine holes of golf. How you may ask? Leave it to their imaginations :). I will say they had an incredible cheerleader and encourager. Judah would say, "Weely close, weely close".



Anyway, we are about to shower after our work out and hit the sack. Check back with us soon! We love mail and emails too :).

Miss ya'll Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment