Saturday, June 25, 2011

Getting settled in...again

It has been a good week. Since we got back into Raleigh Monday night, we have gone downtown to explore, met with a guy that has a studio, redecorated our bathroom, met with the core group, and gone swimming at Falls Lake.

Earlier in the week -- Tuesday, I think -- we put some of the gift cards to use that we got from our "going away" reception on Sunday. Our guest bathroom was transformed from red and brown to green. The walls are still khaki, but the shower curtain, floor mats, and soap dispenser are green. Pretty, huh?

We've still been eating pretty much every night with the Britts and Hollises. We can't speak for them, but I know we're not tired of it, yet. We hope it keeps going and we can start bringing other people/couples in at some point.

The promo pack for Donnie and my acoustic "band" is pretty much done. They sent the stuff off to get printed last night and we are supposed to be having a CD burning party Monday. Once we get it all back, we can start really trying to find places to play.

For some reason, I feel like Donnie's trying to replace me. It's the weirdest thing.


On Friday, CaryAnne and I went downtown and drove around until we found somewhere to eat lunch. We ended up in a cool part of town at a Mediterranean place called Shish Kabob. We both got a chicken gyro and split an order of fries. It was very good and we plan to go back.


After lunch, we drove down the street a bit and met a guy who runs a recording studio. I had contacted him through email (after I Google searched for studios in Raleigh) and he invited me to come check out his place. He showed us around and we talked some about what type of music I'd like to play on. We seemed to get along pretty well. He told me to send him a few songs that I had played on and he'd get in touch with me next week sometime. I really liked his studio and hope to get the chance to work with him.

This morning we had a core group meeting at the Meridas' house in Wake Forest. It was great to be back with everyone and worship with them. Donnie led a few songs (with me accompanying him on my new cajon) then Tony spoke and we took communion. We all ate together afterward. It was great. We've been live streaming the last two meetings at www.livestream.com/idcraleigh if you're interested in watching at all.

When we left the meeting, we rode over to Durham and saw Kyle and Katie Howe who were in town for a few hours. They were flying to London at 6pm and had about an 8 hour layover here today. We met them at one of their friends' apartments and talked with them for probably an hour. It was great to see them, as it always is. We're trying to talk them into moving up here. I think it's working. ;)


This evening we rode out to Falls Lake because Michael and Donnie had seen a rope swing that we wanted to go play on. We loaded up the ice chest with sandwiches and drinks and headed out. When we got there, though, we discovered that the tree that the rope swing was on had been cut down. That was a bummer. Luckily, we found another one right up the lake from it that was sufficient.


Tomorrow we are going to the Summit again. We really like it there.

Also, happy birthday to my beautiful sister, Erin. She's the hottest 28 year old I know! No, of course she didn't tell me to say that... We love her and miss her.

Anyway, come visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment